- flashy; showy.
- smart in dress, behavior, etc.
- like or befitting a sportsman.
- dissipated; fast: a sporty crowd.
- designed for or suitable for sport.
Origin of sporty
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for sportiness
Historical Examples of sportiness
Aleck's nature was that of a grind tempered with sportiness.The Stolen Singer
Martha Idell Fletcher Bellinger
- (of a person) fond of sport or outdoor activities
- (of clothes) having the appearance of sportswear
- (of a car) having the performance or appearance of a sports car
- British informal a young person who typically wears sportswear, is competitive about sport , and takes an interest in his or her fitness
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper