- having or protected by a sprinkler system.
Origin of sprinklered
- any of various devices for sprinkling, as a watering pot, a container of water with a perforated top used to sprinkle clothes before ironing, or especially a perforated ring or small stand with a revolving nozzle to which a hose is attached for watering a lawn with a fine, even spray.
- a person who sprinkles.
- to provide (a warehouse, school, office building, etc.) with a sprinkler system.
Origin of sprinkler
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a device perforated with small holes that is attached to a garden hose or watering can and used to spray plants, lawns, etc, with water
- a person or thing that sprinkles
- See sprinkler system
Word Origin and History for sprinklered
1530s, agent noun from sprinkle (v.).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper