- to become standardized.
Origin of standardize
Related Words for standardizationlikeness, similarity, regularity, evenness, order, sameness, levelness
Examples from the Web for standardization
Contemporary Examples of standardization
In 1906, he ordered the standardization of geographic names for federal use.It's Our Apostrophe, Government, And We'll Do What We Choose With It
May 16, 2013
This is not a breakdown of narrative but its standardization across media.Not Much New in Douglas Rushkoff’s Reading of the Future
March 26, 2013
Historical Examples of standardization
The importance of the principle of standardization in wage settlement.
That is the determination of the level of standardization for each occupation.
But the standardization of the operating conditions had been largely accomplished.The Railroad Problem
But none of this is the destruction of property, but only its organization and standardization.New Worlds For Old
Herbert George Wells
That it be uniform in quality, so that standardization is easy.The Value of Money
Benjamin M. Anderson, Jr.
- to make or become standard
- (tr) to test by or compare with a standard
1896, noun of action from standardize.
- The making of a solution of definite strength so that it may be used for comparison and in tests.
- The making of a drug or other preparation so that it conforms to the type or standard.
- To cause to conform to a standard.
- To evaluate by comparing with a standard.