- a person marked with supernatural stigmata.
Origin of stigmatic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- relating to or having a stigma or stigmata
- another word for anastigmatic
- mainly RC Church a person marked with the stigmata
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for stigmatical
c.1600, from Medieval Latin stigmaticus, from Greek stigmat- (see stigma).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Relating to or marked by a stigma.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.