- having stories or floors (often used in combination): a two-storied house.
Origin of storied2
Examples from the Web for storeyed
Historical Examples of storeyed
At No. 120 there are two storeyed cellars and in one of them a well.Historic Paris
Jetta S. Wolff
The extremities of each wing take the shape of square, three storeyed towers, surmounted by cupolas 20 feet high.Hertfordshire
Herbert W Tompkins
The trophied arches, storeyed halls invade And haunt their slumbers in the pompous shade.Essay on Man
- having a storey or storeys
- (in combination)a two-storeyed house
- recorded in history or in a story; fabled
- decorated with narrative scenes or pictures
late 15c., "ornamented with scenes from history," from past participle of verb form of story (n.1). Meaning "celebrated in history or legend" is from 1725.