Related formsnon·struc·tured, adjective
Definition for structured (2 of 2)
- the attitude of a bed or stratum or of beds or strata of sedimentary rocks, as indicated by the dip and strike.
- the coarser composition of a rock, as contrasted with its texture.
- the system or complex of beliefs held by members of a social group.
- the system of relations between the constituent groups of a society.
- the relationship between or the interrelated arrangement of the social institutions of a society or culture, as of mores, marriage customs, or family.
- the pattern of relationships, as of status or friendship, existing among the members of a group or society.
verb (used with object), struc·tured, struc·tur·ing.
Origin of structure
Related formsde·struc·ture, verb (used with object), de·struc·tured, de·struc·tur·ing.in·ter·struc·ture, nounnon·struc·ture, nounpre·struc·ture, verb (used with object), pre·struc·tured, pre·struc·tur·ing.
Examples from the Web for structured
They structured themselves not in vertical hierarchies but in networks, each member responding to conditions on the ground.
After three years in London, he moved to the Structured Equity Finance Trading branch in Hong Kong.Hong Kong’s High-Flying British Psycho Killer Suspect|Nico Hines, Tom Sykes|November 3, 2014|DAILY BEAST
The book is structured around conversations Dasgupta feels the city should be having.Delhi in Crisis: How Corruption Rotted a Great Capital|William O’Connor|May 14, 2014|DAILY BEAST
You look at a structured coat from the front, and then from the back you see this beautiful pleat.Fashion’s Most Powerful Women: Victoria Beckham & Diane von Furstenberg Show at New York Fashion Week|Erin Cunningham|February 10, 2014|DAILY BEAST
I had an angry head on me at the time and hated authority and structured education.
It was more a way that society should not be structured, that he talked about.Warren Commission (11 of 26): Hearings Vol. XI (of 15)|The President's Commission on the Assassination of President Kennedy
You may have structured your life in a way that circumvents, rather than faces, the things that trouble you.When You Don't Know Where to Turn|Steven J. Bartlett
It is structured like the Komsomol and operates as its junior division.Area Handbook for Bulgaria|Eugene K. Keefe, Violeta D. Baluyut, William Giloane, Anne K. Long, James M. Moore, and Neda A. Walpole
How much more would change prevail in ages when structured knowledge had hardly come into existence.Nature Mysticism|J. Edward Mercer
The original index was structured in a way not suitable for this ebook.Langley Memoir on Mechanical Flight, Parts I and II|S. P. (Samuel Pierpont) Langley and Charles M. (Charles Matthews) Manly