- simple past tense and past participle of stick2.
- stuck on, Informal. infatuated with: He met her only once and is already stuck on her.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the past tense and past participle of stick 2
- informal baffled or nonplussed
- (foll by on) slang keen (on) or infatuated (with)
- get stuck in or get stuck into informal
- to perform (a task) with determination
- to attack (a person) verbally or physically
Word Origin and History for stuck on
"unable to go any further," 1885, from past participle of stick (v.). Colloquial stuck-up "assuming an unjustified air of superiority" is recorded from 1829.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper