- of or relating to a process that occurs within an atom.
- noting or pertaining to a particle or particles contained in an atom, as electrons, protons, or neutrons.
Origin of subatomic
Examples from the Web for subatomic
Contemporary Examples of subatomic
Turns out Williamsburg is not the best place to learn about subatomic particles.Mayor Bloomberg, Chris Christie, Anderson Cooper and More Viral Videos
The Daily Beast Video
July 7, 2012
Historical Examples of subatomic
Well, today physicists peering into the infinitely small realms of subatomic particles find reaffirmations of religious faith.
- of, relating to, or being a particle making up an atom or a process occurring within atomsthe electron is a subatomic particle
- having dimensions smaller than atomic dimensions
- Of or relating to the constituents of the atom.
- Having dimensions or participating in reactions characteristic of the constituents of the atom.
A descriptive term for objects and events within the atom.