See more synonyms for axial on Thesaurus.com Related formsax·i·al·i·ty, nounax·i·al·ly, adverbin·ter·ax·i·al, adjectivemul·ti·ax·i·al, adjectivemul·ti·ax·i·al·ly, adverbsub·ax·i·al, adjectivesub·ax·i·al·ly, adverb
- of, pertaining to, characterized by, or forming an axis: an axial relationship.
- situated in or on an axis.
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
British Dictionary definitions for subaxial
Derived Formsaxiality, nounaxially, adverb
- relating to, forming, or characteristic of an axis
- situated in, on, or along an axis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition
© William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for subaxial
"pertaining to an axis," by 1825, from axis + -al (1). Related: Axially.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Located below the axis of the body or a body part.
- Relating to or characterized by an axis; axile.
- Relating to or situated in the head and trunk region of the body.
- Relating to or parallel with the long axis of a tooth.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.