- partially or incompletely cartilaginous.
- situated below or beneath cartilage.
Origin of subcartilaginous
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for subcartilaginous
Historical Examples of subcartilaginous
A subcartilaginous process attached to the inner side, near the base, of the Mandibul of some Staphylinid.An Introduction to Entomology: Vol. III (of 4)
- composed partly of cartilagea subcartilaginous skeleton
- situated beneath a cartilage or a cartilaginous structure
- Partly cartilaginous.
- Located beneath a cartilage.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.