- a district or place under a superintendent.
- the position or work of a superintendent.
- Also su·per·in·tend·ence. the act or process of superintending; direction; supervision; oversight.
Origin of superintendency
Related Words for superintendencycontrol, direction, management, power, influence, administration, authority, initiative, command, skill, handling, government, governance, supervision, operation, oversight, care, functioning, guidance, instruction
Examples from the Web for superintendency
Historical Examples of superintendency
The superintendency of the posts became a considerable employment.Foot-prints of a letter carrier
But how if the superintendency can't be had without the colonelcy?Miss Ravenel's conversion from secession to loyalty
J. W. de Forest
This building was of the date of the superintendency of the Rev. John Butcher.A History of Horncastle
James Conway Walter
None of the Agents in this Superintendency have entered into Bond.The American Indian as Slaveholder and Seccessionist
Annie Heloise Abel
His superintendency was the longest of any in the history of the armory.The Strange Story of Harper's Ferry
- the office or jurisdiction of a superintendent
- a district under the jurisdiction of a superintendent