Origin of tabular
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for tabularly
The greater part of these hills have the rounded and smooth top, or are tabularly summited.How I Found Livingstone
Henry M. Stanley
- arranged in systematic or table form
- calculated from or by means of a table
- like a table in form; flat
C17: from Latin tabulāris concerning boards, from tabula a board
Word Origin and History for tabularly
"table-shaped," 1650s, from Latin tabularis "of a slab or tablet," from tabula "slab" (see table).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- Having a plane surface; flat.
- Organized as a table or list.
- Calculated by means of a table.