- the 16th letter of the Arabic alphabet.
Origin of ṭā
- the third letter of the Arabic alphabet.
Origin of tā
Examples from the Web for tas
Historical Examples of tas
They had been searching for sea-gulls' nests in the Tas de Pois d'Aval.Toilers of the Sea
"Tas the way with them foweners," said the first hobbledehoy sagely.The Wonderful Visit
Herbert George Wells
Some finish their tas' by twelve an' others work' 'til seven but had the tas' to finish.
Sat'day was a workin' day but the tas' was much shorter then other days.
She was the daugh-ter of the king, and her name was Po-ca-hon´tas.Fifty Famous Stories Retold
- British informal thank you
Word Origin for ta
- Territorial Army (now superseded by TAVR)
Word Origin and History for tas
1772, "natural infantile sound of gratitude" [Weekley].
- The symbol for the elementtantalum
- The symbol for tantalum.