- of or relating to the telegraph.
- concise, clipped, or elliptical in style: telegraphic speech.
Origin of telegraphic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for telegraphically
Some of the islands are cut off telegraphically from the rest of the world.Our Journey to the Hebrides
Joseph Pennell and Elizabeth Robins Pennell
Massawa is also telegraphically connected with the outside world by a cable to Perim via Assab.
- used in or transmitted by telegraphy
- of or relating to a telegraph
- having a concise style; clippedtelegraphic speech
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for telegraphically
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper