- a Dravidian language spoken mainly in Andhra Pradesh state, SE India.
- a member of the people speaking this language.
- of Telugu or the Telugu.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for telugu
In its place came something which, striving to fuse Urdu and Telugu, seemed to devalue both.
Satya Nadella, the new CEO of Microsoft, is a Telugu, as is Nina Davuluri, the reigning Miss USA.
Besides, the tremendous rage that had built up within his Telugu subjects needed a release.
The Telugu recovery, such as it was, was a few centuries away.
To its proponents Andhra was the meridian, after 600 years of division and dispersal, of Telugu civilization.
This is the well-known Chengali gaddi of the Telugu districts.A Handbook of Some South Indian Grasses
Rai Bahadur K. Ranga Achariyar
Next to our mission in Burma, the Telugu mission has been most blessed by God.A Tour of the Missions
Augustus Hopkins Strong
They are Telugu people, who came originally from Orissa, whence their name.
The marriage rites are a blend of the Canarese and Telugu types.
A Telugu proverb asks ‘Does the bee ever seek the arka flower?’
- a language of SE India, belonging to the Dravidian family of languages: the state language of Andhra Pradesh
- plural -gus or -gu a member of the people who speak this language
- of or relating to this people or their language