- (in philosophical Taoism) the virtue or power inherent in a person or thing existing in harmony with the Tao.
Origin of Te
Examples from the Web for tes
Historical Examples of tes
An' 'tes on'y when I'm a bit low-sperrity-like as I wants to go therr.
What I am a-lukin' forward to, though, 'tes a day in the country.
Tes, yes, there is far less of condescension in the offer than you suspect.A Day's Ride
Charles James Lever
An' 'im so sweet-spoken, tu, 'tes a pleasure to year 'im—Never says a word!A Bit O' Love (Fourth Series Plays)
I allays like to carry a prayer-book weth me, 'tes oncommon lucky.The Birthright
- Times Educational Supplement
- music (in tonic sol-fa) the syllable used for the seventh note or subtonic of any scale
Word Origin for te
- The symbol for the elementtellurium
- The symbol for tellurium.