- Also called Thai·land·er [tahy-lan-der, -luh n-] /ˈtaɪˌlæn dər, -lən-/. a native or descendant of a native of Thailand.
- the language of Thailand, a member of the Tai group of languages.
- of or relating to Thailand, its people, or their language; Siamese.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Thailand, its people, or their language
- plural Thais or Thai a native or inhabitant of Thailand
- the language of Thailand, sometimes classified as belonging to the Sino-Tibetan family
Also called: Siamese
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for thailander
1808, native name, from Tai, literally "free." Thai stick "Asian marijuana cigarette" is attested by 1976.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper