- rational; reasoning: People are thinking animals.
- thoughtful; reflective: Any thinking person would reject that plan.
- thought; judgment, reflection: clear thinking.
Origin of thinking
Related Words for thinkingsreasoning, idea, understanding, logic, opinion, judgment, absorbed, engrossed, contemplative, deliberating, rational, cerebration, contemplation, reflection, deliberation, cognition, study, rumination, introspection, reason
Examples from the Web for thinkings
Contemporary Examples of thinkings
“It is just notes and thinkings,” Fenn writes by way of preface.Clues for Finding Forrest Fenn’s Buried Treasure, Part 2
March 3, 2013
Historical Examples of thinkings
You are satisfied with your own thinkings; you are a world to yourself.Macleod of Dare
My thinkings about George coming back to us and Sam going from us, drives almost everything out of my head.The Sheepfold and the Common, Vol. II (of 2)
But in the midst of all these thinkings she fell asleep again, and slept for more than two hours.The Old Pincushion
In all these thinkings he was astray, carried away by prejudices which he was not strong enough to withstand.Ralph the Heir
The King was jogging along in his wake, with his head bowed; for he, too, was deep in plans and thinkings.The Prince and The Pauper, Complete
Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)
- opinion or judgment
- the process of thought
- (prenominal) using or capable of using intelligent thoughtthinking people
- put on one's thinking cap to ponder a matter or problem
- The act or practice of a person who thinks; thought.
- Characterized by thought or thoughtfulness; rational.