- a Semitic language spoken in northern Ethiopia.
- a member of a nomadic, Tigrinya-speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
- a member of an agricultural, Tigré-speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
Examples from the Web for tigre
Historical Examples of tigre
Once when a Mexican tigre, a jaguar, charged me I—But that is not this story.Tales of Fishes
Wilkinson was on board, having come off with the boats with the stores from the Tigre.
The welcome order was issued for the Tigre to sail on the 1st of March.
Mr. Janverin, midshipman of the Tigre, and eleven men were wounded.
There is the Tigre fairly under way, steering south by west.
- an autonomous region of N Ethiopia, bordering on Eritrea: formerly a separate kingdom. Capital: Mekele. Pop: 4 334 996 (2005 est)
- a language of NE Ethiopia, belonging to the SE Semitic subfamily of the Afro-Asiatic family