- a disciple and companion of the apostle Paul, to whom Paul is supposed to have addressed an Epistle.
- this New Testament Epistle. Abbreviation: Tit.
- Flavius Sabinus Vespasianus, a.d. 40?–81, Roman emperor 79–81.
- a male given name.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for titus
Jessica Lange was the seductive Tamora in the 1999 film Titus, which was adapted from the play Titus Andronicus.Shakespeare’s Movie Magic
Marina Watts, Malcolm Jones
April 24, 2014
Cast: Aimee Teegarden, Matt Lanter, Grey Damon, Chelsea Gilligan, Greg Finley, Malese Jow, Natalie Hall, Titus Makin Jr.Fall-Winter TV Preview: Snap Judgments of 2013–14’s New Shows
Jace Lacob, Kevin Fallon
July 16, 2013
In the play Titus Andronicus, Shakespeare explores a grief that exceeds tears.Why Do We Cry?
January 10, 2013
In case you miss it, Titus and Julius meet in a class on sampling and allusion in Kill Bill.
Julius nurses an intense and ambiguously unrequited crush on Titus.
They walked on in silence till they came to the Arch of Titus.Dreamers of the Ghetto
Has not He avenged the victory of Titus and conquered the Caesars?Lord George Bentinck
Titus was ambitious, and he was chosen captain of his company.
Titus had no whiskey ration, or the means of obtaining liquor.
This group, now in the Vatican, was found in the baths of Titus.Museum of Antiquity
L. W. Yaggy
- New Testament
- Saint. a Greek disciple and helper of Saint Paul. Feast day: Jan 26 or Aug 25
- the book written to him (in full The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to Titus), containing advice on pastoral matters
- full name Titus Flavius Sabinus Vespasianus. ?40–81 ad, Roman emperor (78–81 ad)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012