- a native or inhabitant of Tonga.
- a Polynesian language, the language of the Tongans.
- of or relating to Tonga, its people, or their language.
Origin of Tongan
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for tongan
For the Tongan, therefore, inspiration indubitably was possession.The Evolution of Theology: An Anthropological Study
Thomas Henry Huxley
Grief said to Snow, after the Tongan had gone back to his bunk.A Son Of The Sun
It was thus that we discovered the Tongan ideal of female loveliness.Savage Island
Basil C. Thomson
Tongan women do not work like those of other South Sea Islands races.Seven Legs Across the Seas
Tongan data on skin color cannot be directly adjusted to my statistics.A Racial Study of the Fijians
Norman E. Gabel
- of or relating to the kingdom of Tonga, its inhabitants, or their language
- a member of the people that inhabits Tonga
- the language of this people, belonging to the Polynesian family