- the state of being tortuous; twisted form or course; crookedness.
- a twist, bend, or crook.
- a twisting or crooked part, passage, or thing.
Origin of tortuosity
Examples from the Web for tortuosity
Historical Examples of tortuosity
There is no tortuosity of thought to pardon or to forget; it is one unbroken interwoven strain of music, of imagery, of sentiment.
We had twenty miles to go, "as the birds fly," but the tortuosity of the channels rendered our course fully a third longer.Audubon and his Journals, Vol. 2
Maria R. Audubon
I allude to the enormous, almost preternatural magnitude of the wild-grape vine, and its tortuosity.
- the state or quality of being tortuous
- a twist, turn, or coil
- The quality or condition of being tortuous; twistedness or crookedness.
- A bent or twisted part, passage, or thing.