- to make or become tranquil.
Also especially British, tran·quil·lise.
Origin of tranquilize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for tranquilizationmoderation, conciliation, easing, alleviation, abatement, reconciliation, settlement, solace, grant, lessening, mitigation, compromise, reparation, assuagement, restoration, accommodation, adjustment, amends, concession, mollification
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- To make tranquil; pacify.
- To sedate or relieve of anxiety or tension by the administration of a drug.
- To become tranquil; relax.
- To have a calming or soothing effect.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.