- to change in form, appearance, or structure; metamorphose.
- to change in condition, nature, or character; convert.
- to change into another substance; transmute.
- Mathematics. to change the form of (a figure, expression, etc.) without in general changing the value.
- Physics. to change into another form of energy.
- to undergo a change in form, appearance, or character; become transformed.
Origin of transform
Synonyms for transformSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for transformedmutate, convert, transfer, revolutionize, revamp, remodel, reconstruct, translate, mold, alter, transmute, doctor, transpose, renew, metamorphose, switch, commute, transmogrify, cook, transfigure
Examples from the Web for transformed
Contemporary Examples of transformed
The tasteless bread was transformed into a sweet cake that included ingredients, such as dried fruit and marzipan.One Cake to Rule Them All: How Stollen Stole Our Hearts
December 24, 2014
Step forward GoPro, the HD camera manufacturer that has transformed how we document the world around us.Why Every Home Needs a Drone This Holiday
December 8, 2014
Even good, arresting visual art is transformed by its context.
Even good, arresting visual art is transformed by the gaze of a potential consumer.
Another blank band go to the cops who transformed New York into the safest big city in America.It’s Time for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans to Get a Parade of Their Own
November 11, 2014
Historical Examples of transformed
But the reproduction is of brief duration; and it is speedily effaced or transformed.De Libris: Prose and Verse
The spot is indeed a corner of Eden—a happy valley, to be transformed, alas!The Roof of France
Behind the features glowed a proud, fierce spirit that transformed them.The Leopard Woman
Stewart Edward White
How often has sorrow been transformed into joy by religious exercises!Female Scripture Biographies, Vol. I
Francis Augustus Cox
If a retired Cit could be transformed into a house, such is the house he would be.Alice, or The Mysteries, Complete
- to alter or be altered radically in form, function, etc
- (tr) to convert (one form of energy) to another form
- (tr) maths to change the form of (an equation, expression, etc) by a mathematical transformation
- (tr) to increase or decrease (an alternating current or voltage) using a transformer
- maths the result of a mathematical transformation, esp (of a matrix or an element of a group) another related to the given one by B = X –1 AX for some appropriate X