- pertaining to the use or combination of three colors, as in printing or in color photography.
- pertaining to, characterized by, or involving three colors.
- Ophthalmology. of, relating to, or exhibiting normal color vision.
Also tri·chro·mic [trahy-kroh-mik] /traɪˈkroʊ mɪk/.
Origin of trichromatic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- photog printing involving the combination of three primary colours in the production of any colour
- of, relating to, or having normal colour vision
- having or involving three colours
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Having or relating to the three primary colors, red, blue, and green.
- Having perception of the three primary colors, as in normal vision.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.