- a vehicle, especially one for children, having one large front wheel and two small rear wheels, propelled by foot pedals.
- a velocipede with three wheels propelled by pedals or hand levers.
- a three-wheeled motorcycle.
Origin of tricycle
Examples from the Web for tricycle
Contemporary Examples of tricycle
A Jewish film festival has backed out of the Tricycle Theater after the venue refused to accept money from the Israeli government.London Theater Halts Jewish Film Festival Over Israeli Government Money
August 6, 2014
Historical Examples of tricycle
There is a fashion just now to call it dangerous and the tricycle safe.
I'll tell you one thing that makes me so glad about my tricycle.
That's why I like my tricycle so much, and think it such a useful thing.
But Max, though he got off his tricycle, looked a bit worried.In the Mist of the Mountains
He styled this tricycle his "engine," and it was by no means the whole of his equipage.Fantmas
- a three-wheeled cycle, esp one driven by pedals
- a three-wheeler for invalids
- (intr) to ride a tricycle