- divided into or consisting of three parts: the tripartite occupation of West Germany.
- involving, participated in, or made by three parties: a tripartite treaty signed by Argentina, Brazil, and Chile.
- Botany. divided into three parts.
Origin of tripartite
Related Words for tripartitetreble, triple, trilateral, ternary, third, trinitarian, triangular, pyramidal, ternate, trichotomous, trigonal, trigonous, trinal, trinary, tripartite
Examples from the Web for tripartite
Historical Examples of tripartite
For example, are we to attribute his tripartite division of the soul to the gods?Phaedrus
Of the same character is the copy of the Tripartite Indenture of Division.Henry of Monmouth, Volume 2
J. Endell Tyler
In truth all that we know of St. Asicus is derived from the Tripartite.
The list of their names and functions is given in the Tripartite.
Constitutions also depend on the tripartite nature of the Soul.Five Stages of Greek Religion
- divided into or composed of three parts
- involving three participants
- (esp of leaves) consisting of three parts formed by divisions extending almost to the base