[adjective too-byuh-lit, -leyt, tyoo-; verb too-byuh-leyt, tyoo-]
- Also tu·bu·lat·ed. shaped like or having a tube.
- to form into or furnish with a tube.
Origin of tubulate
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- to form or shape into a tube
- to fit or furnish with a tube
- a less common word for tubular
Word Origin for tubulate
C18: from Latin tubulātus, from tubulus a little pipe, from tubus pipe
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012