- the process or art of forming or shaping objects on a lathe.
- objects or articles fashioned on a lathe collectively.
- a workshop where such work is done.
Origin of turnery
Examples from the Web for turnery
Historical Examples of turnery
Its wood is valued in turnery for cups, bowls and pattern blocks.
Some use is made of it in turnery and for other small articles.
It is suitable for turnery and small novelties, but little of it has been used.
The wood is used in turnery, for shoe lasts, plane stocks and shuttles.Trees Worth Knowing
Julia Ellen Rogers
It is used for interior finish, furniture, woodenware and turnery.Forest Trees of Illinois
Fuller George D.
- objects made on a lathe
- Also called: turning the process or skill of turning objects on a lathe
- the workshop of a lathe operator