- forsaken or deserted: an abandoned building; an abandoned kitten.
- unrestrained or uncontrolled; uninhibited: She danced with abandoned enthusiasm.
- utterly lacking in moral restraints; shameless; wicked: an abandoned and dissolute ruler.
Origin of abandoned
SynonymsSee more synonyms for abandoned on Thesaurus.com
1. discarded, rejected. 3. See immoral.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unabandoned
Lolonnois now once more prepared to carry261 out his unabandoned project.The Monarchs of the Main, Volume I (of 3)
- desertedan abandoned windmill
- forsakenan abandoned child
- unrestrained; uninhibitedwild, abandoned dancing
- depraved; profligate
Word Origin and History for unabandoned
"self-devoted" to some purpose (usually evil), late 14c., past participle adjective from abandon (v.).
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper