- susceptible to debate, challenge, or doubt; questionable: Whether this is the best plan of action or not is arguable.
- susceptible to being supported by convincing or persuasive argument: Admirers agree that it is arguable he is the finest pianist of his generation.
Origin of arguable
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for unarguableunambiguous, precise, undeniable, convincing, indisputable, compelling, unmistakable, decisive, irrefutable, irrevocable, absolute, clear, cogent, deciding, demonstrative, incontrovertible, telling, ultimate, unconditional, unquestionable
Examples from the Web for unarguable
Contemporary Examples of unarguable
And no amount of projected aid to the moderate rebels will change that unfortunate but unarguable fact.Old Flaws in Obama’s New Foreign Policy
Leslie H. Gelb
May 28, 2014
- incapable of being argued
- incontestable; indisputable
- capable of being disputed; doubtful
- capable of being supported by argument; plausible
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper