- consisting of different or various kinds; miscellaneous: assorted flavors; assorted sizes.
- consisting of selected kinds; arranged in sorts or varieties: rows of assorted vegetables.
- matched; suited.
Origin of assorted
Examples from the Web for unassorted
Historical Examples of unassorted
Instead, all our "thinking" would be merely an unassorted jumble of simple, disconnected sense-perceptions.Applied Psychology: Driving Power of Thought
Together they form the nondescript shelters of a parasitical class of persons, white and colored, unassorted.
It takes these unassorted realities that are the despair of the sober intelligence, and extracts from them pure joy.The Gentle Reader
Samuel McChord Crothers
They are beginning to get the unassorted cars from the terminals, cars that are bound for more than a score of States.The Modern Railroad
Out of sorts means mixed, unclassified, unassorted, having one's functions disordered.Who Goes There?
Blackwood Ketcham Benson
- consisting of various kinds mixed together; miscellaneousassorted sweets
- arranged in sorts; classifiedassorted categories
- matched; suited (esp in the combinations well-assorted, ill-assorted)
"arranged in sorts," 1797, past participle adjective from assort (v.).