verb (used with object)
Words nearby unblock
Definition for unblocked (2 of 2)
- an obstruction, as of a nerve.
- heart block.
- a group of data stored as a unit on an external storage medium and handled as a unit by the computer for input or output: This file has 20 records per block.
- a section of storage locations in a computer allocated to a particular set of instructions or data.
- a group of consecutive machine words organized as a unit and guiding a particular computer operation, especially with reference to input and output.
- (on a flow chart) a symbol representing an operation, device, or instruction in a computer program.
- any large, angular mass of solid rock.
- fault block.
verb (used with object)
- Also block out. to plan or work out the movement of performers in a play, pageant, etc.: Tomorrow we'll block act one.
- to draw a floor plan on (a stage) in order to indicate placement of scenery, stage property, etc.
- to shape (a molten gather) in a wet cup of wood or metal.
- to plunge a block of wood into (molten glass) to aid in refining the glass.
verb (used without object)
- block(def 36a).
- Basketball. to box out.
Origin of block
OTHER WORDS FROM blockblock·a·ble, adjectivere·block, verb (used with object)sub·block, nounun·blocked, adjective
WORDS THAT MAY BE CONFUSED WITH blockbloc block
Examples from the Web for unblocked
So great was the international coverage and outcry that the regime quickly reversed course and unblocked Facebook on Tuesday.
It'll be five or six ten-days before we can get all that stuff peeled off and get him unblocked.Time Crime|H. Beam Piper
British Dictionary definitions for unblocked (1 of 2)
British Dictionary definitions for unblocked (2 of 2)
- a group of buildings in a city bounded by intersecting streets on each side
- the area or distance between such intersecting streets
- a piece of wood, metal, or other material having an engraved, cast, or carved design in relief, used either for printing or for stamping book covers, etc
- British a letterpress printing plate, esp one mounted type-high on wood or metal
- a section or quantity, as of tickets or shares, handled or considered as a single unit
- (as modifier)a block booking; block voting
- a stretch of railway in which only one train may travel at a time
- (as modifier)a block signal
verb (mainly tr)
Derived forms of blockblocker, noun
Word Origin for block
Medical definitions for unblocked
Other words from blockblock′age (blŏk′ĭj) n.
Scientific definitions for unblocked
Idioms and Phrases with unblocked
see chip off the old block; knock someone's block off; on the block; stumbling block.