- a past participle of choose.
- selected from several; preferred: my chosen profession.
- Theology. elect(def 9).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unchosen
Take Joey now,—well along towards thirty, so I finds out later, but still untagged and unchosen.Torchy, Private Sec.
At a subsequent period of the history we find him fairly abandoning his unchosen trade.
- the past participle of choose
- selected or picked out, esp for some special quality
- the official name for Korea when it was a Japanese province (1910–45)
Word Origin and History for unchosen
"the elect, the select," especially those selected by God, c.1200, from past participle of choose (v.). Chosen people for "the Jews" is recorded from 1530s.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper