- a past participle of choose.
- selected from several; preferred: my chosen profession.
- Theology. elect(def 9).
Examples from the Web for unchosen
Historical Examples of unchosen
Take Joey now,—well along towards thirty, so I finds out later, but still untagged and unchosen.Torchy, Private Sec.
At a subsequent period of the history we find him fairly abandoning his unchosen trade.
- the past participle of choose
- selected or picked out, esp for some special quality
- the official name for Korea when it was a Japanese province (1910–45)
"the elect, the select," especially those selected by God, c.1200, from past participle of choose (v.). Chosen people for "the Jews" is recorded from 1530s.