- bound for a certain destination: a freighter destined for Manila.
- ordained, appointed, or predetermined to be or do something.
- liable, planning, or intending to be or do something.
Origin of destined
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- foreordained or certain; meanthe is destined to be famous
- (usually foll by for) heading (towards a specific destination); directeda letter destined for Europe
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012