- characterized by or arranged in degrees, especially successively, as according to height, depth, or difficulty: a graduated series of lessons.
- marked with divisions or units of measurement.
- (of a bird's tail) having the longest feathers in the center, the others being successively shorter.
- (of a tax) increasing along with the taxable base: a graduated income tax.
Origin of graduated
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for ungraduated
Historical Examples of ungraduated
- Marked with or divided into intervals, as of volume or temperature, for use in measurement.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Divided into or marked with intervals indicating measures, as of length, volume, or temperature.
The American Heritage® Science Dictionary Copyright © 2011. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.