an independent agency, created in 1953 and known from 1978 to 1982 as the International Communication Agency, that administers the government's overseas information and cultural programs. Abbreviation: USIA
- United States Air Force Academy
- United States Army
- United States Customary System
- United States Customs Service
- United States Employment Service
- United States Information Agency
- United States International Development Cooperation Agency
- United States International Trade Commission
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Naval Academy
- United States Navy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2023
Cultural definitions for United States Information Agency
A federal agency responsible for spreading information favorable to the United States around the world.
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.