- of undetermined or indefinitely great extent or amount; unlimited; measureless: the unmeasured heavens.
- unrestrained; intemperate: unmeasured rage.
- Prosody. not metrical.
Origin of unmeasured
SynonymsSee more synonyms for unmeasured on Thesaurus.com
1. immense, vast. 2. unstinting, lavish.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unmeasurable
I cannot describe the unmeasurable contempt he put into the two words.The Moon and Sixpence
W. Somerset Maugham
But they are not evils; on the contrary, they are unmeasurable benefits.Monks, Popes, and their Political Intrigues
The infinite goodness of God, and his unmeasurable love and mercy.A Christian Directory (Volume 1 of 4)
To Carlyle, on the other hand, Spencer appeared "an unmeasurable ass."Herbert Spencer
J. Arthur Thomson
Yet not these alone does the unmeasurable capacity of my memory retain.The Confessions of Saint Augustine
- measureless; limitless
- unrestrained; unlimited or lavish
- music without bar lines and hence without a fixed pulse
Word Origin and History for unmeasurable
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper