- not qualified; not fit; lacking requisite qualifications: unqualified for the job.
- not modified, limited, or restricted in any way; without reservations: unqualified praise.
- absolute; complete; out-and-out: an unqualified liar.
Origin of unqualified
SynonymsSee more synonyms for unqualified on Thesaurus.com
1. unfit, incompetent. 2. unmitigated. 3. downright, thorough.
2, 3. See absolute.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unqualifiedly
I answer unhesitatingly and unqualifiedly An unmitigated Curse!The New Avatar and The Destiny of the Soul
Jirah D. Buck
Considered as such, the conversation which followed was not unqualifiedly a success.Those Times And These
Irvin S. Cobb
What he says about my father is utterly and unqualifiedly false.The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol. 5 (of 12)
Robert G. Ingersoll
Of no other American statesman can they be so unqualifiedly affirmed.Charles Sumner Centenary
Archibald H. Grimke
The verdict of the community was unhesitatingly, unqualifiedly, against Wilhelm.Between Whiles
Helen Hunt Jackson
- lacking the necessary qualifications
- not restricted or modifiedan unqualified criticism
- (usually prenominal) (intensifier)an unqualified success
Word Origin and History for unqualifiedly
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper