- concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
- sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
- excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.
Origin of sexy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unsexy
Literature can be so unsexy—all those musty old books, no special effects, or movie stars showing flesh.Secrets of a Literary Seducer
May 23, 2009
- provoking or intended to provoke sexual interesta sexy dress; a sexy book
- feeling sexual interest; aroused
- interesting, exciting, or trendya sexy project; a sexy new car
Word Origin and History for unsexy
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper