- concerned predominantly or excessively with sex; risqué: a sexy novel.
- sexually interesting or exciting; radiating sexuality: the sexiest professor on campus.
- excitingly appealing; glamorous: a sexy new car.
Origin of sexy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unsexy
Contemporary Examples of unsexy
Literature can be so unsexy—all those musty old books, no special effects, or movie stars showing flesh.Secrets of a Literary Seducer
May 23, 2009
- provoking or intended to provoke sexual interesta sexy dress; a sexy book
- feeling sexual interest; aroused
- interesting, exciting, or trendya sexy project; a sexy new car
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper