- having, showing, or involving a system, method, or plan: a systematic course of reading; systematic efforts.
- given to or using a system or method; methodical: a systematic person.
- arranged in or comprising an ordered system: systematic theology.
- concerned with classification: systematic botany.
- pertaining to, based on, or in accordance with a system of classification: the systematic names of plants.
Origin of systematic
Synonyms for systematicSee more synonyms for on Thesaurus.com
Related Words for unsystematicchaotic, cluttered, confused, disorganized, heterogeneous, indiscriminate, irregular, jumbled, messy, scattered, slovenly, topsy-turvy, tumult, undisciplined, unkempt, unrestrained, untrained
Examples from the Web for unsystematic
Contemporary Examples of unsystematic
The very religious, like Eagleton, may take offense at the brusque, selective, and unsystematic consideration of their creeds.Alain de Botton on the Benefits of Religion Without God
The Daily Beast
March 10, 2012
It will look a little weak and unsystematic, which concerns me and some bad things could muddle through.A Man with Too Many Plans
The Daily Beast
February 10, 2009
Historical Examples of unsystematic
Later I began a vast but unsystematic exploration of the streets.American Notes
He was unsystematic in his habits, and incompetent in money matters.History of the Moravian Church
J. E. Hutton
These sketches are, I fear, very unscientific and unsystematic.Getting Acquainted with the Trees
J. Horace McFarland
The result is patchy, and the removal of evils partial and unsystematic.Boy Labour and Apprenticeship
Reginald Arthur Bray
Later, I began a vast but unsystematic exploration of the streets.From Sea to Sea
- characterized by the use of order and planning; methodicala systematic administrator
- comprising or resembling a systemsystematic theology
- Also: systematical (sɪstəˈmætɪkəl) biology of or relating to the taxonomic classification of organisms
1670s, from Late Latin systematicus, from Greek systematikos, from systema (see system). Related: Systematically.