- torn to tatters; ragged: a tattered flag.
- wearing ragged clothing: a tattered old man.
Origin of tattered
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- ragged or worna tattered old book
- wearing ragged or torn clothingtattered refugees
- damaged, defeated, or in disarrayhe believes he can bring the tattered party together
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012