- thoughtless; heedless; inconsiderate: an unthinking, tactless person.
- indicating lack of thought or reflection: a dull, unthinking expression on his face.
- not endowed with the faculty of thought: unthinking matter.
- not exercising thought; not given to reflection: This book will not profit an unthinking person.
- not thinking; unmindful: chores done in an unthinking manner.
Origin of unthinking
- to end one's thought or reverse the process of thought.
- to dispel from the mind: Unthink your thoughts.
Origin of unthink
Related Words for unthinkingfeckless, foolish, heedless, impulsive, inadvertent, inconsiderate, indelicate, insensitive, instinctive, mechanical, negligent, oblivious, outrageous, rash, rude, selfish, senseless, tactless, thoughtless, uncaring
Examples from the Web for unthinking
Contemporary Examples of unthinking
Well, to the unthinking anti-Semite, it doesn't matter how the Jewish manipulation works.Pinkwashing: Another Conspiracy Theory
Alan M. Dershowitz
March 4, 2013
Neither, for that matter, do unthinking appeals to sacrosanct moral imperatives like the Ten Commandments.Can God Save Health Care?
August 21, 2009
But Jackson was an experienced hand at public affairs, and his populism, while genuinely felt, was not unthinking or unreflective.Resolved: Sarah Palin Is Not Andrew Jackson
October 15, 2008
Historical Examples of unthinking
On his back was the offspring of unthinking parents—a pin-head.Thoroughbreds
W. A. Fraser
He was sanguine in all his hopes, and rapid, but not unthinking, in all his decisions.Tales And Novels, Volume 3 (of 10)
This, a sad certainty told him, was love, the love that is unthinking.The Prisoner
A thing of instinct—the unthinking stillness of a scared brute.The Nigger Of The "Narcissus"
With many of our unthinking classes it is the "mourn" which they enjoy in the sermons.
- lacking thoughtfulness; inconsiderate
- heedless; inadvertentit was done in an unthinking moment
- not thinking or able to think
- to reverse one's opinion about
- to dispel from the mind