- highest in place, order, rank, power, etc.: the uppermost peaks of the mountain; the uppermost class of society.
- topmost; predominant: a subject of uppermost concern.
- in or into the uppermost place, rank, or predominance: The blossoms grow uppermost on the stems of these flowers; the thoughts that came uppermost to her mind.
Origin of uppermost
Related Words for uppermostpredominant, paramount, tops, highest, culminating, loftiest, topmost, apical, upmost, best, big, boss, dominant, executive, foremost, leading, main, preeminent, primary, principal
Examples from the Web for uppermost
Contemporary Examples of uppermost
“Step into the Void” is the newest attraction on the uppermost terrace of Aiguille du Midi.A New Installation in the French Alps Allows Visitors to Walk Off the Highest Mountain Peak
December 21, 2013
Historical Examples of uppermost
All his affection for his erring brother was uppermost, all his sympathy and pity.The Law-Breakers
We avoided the things which were uppermost in the thoughts of us both.
But did God see my boy's name lying the uppermost one in the wheel?The Universal Reciter
It would have been hard to say what feeling was uppermost with him at the moment.
The baser instincts of the game appealed to the uppermost sides of their natures.
- highest in position, power, importance, etc
- in or into the highest position, etc