- the dignity, office, or period of office of a viceroy.
- a country or province ruled by a viceroy.
Origin of viceroyalty
Examples from the Web for viceroyalty
Historical Examples of viceroyalty
The king conferred a new commission upon La Salle, investing him with the powers almost of viceroyalty.
But the whole of the settlements remained under the Viceroyalty of Peru.Argentina
W. A. Hirst
She regarded his Viceroyalty almost as the beginning of the millennium.
“He did much for us in every way” is her comment on his Viceroyalty.
This was the recall of Wharton from the viceroyalty of Ireland.The Cock and Anchor
Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu
- the office, authority, or dignity of a viceroy
- the domain governed by a viceroy
- the term of office of a viceroy