- to recall or form mental images or pictures.
- to make visual or visible.
- to form a mental image of.
- to make perceptible to the mind or imagination.
Also especially British, vis·u·al·ise.
Origin of visualize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for visualist
He is an "auditive" as well as a "visualist," to employ the precious classification of the psychiatrists.Unicorns
- to form a mental image of (something incapable of being viewed or not at that moment visible)
- med to view by means of an X-ray the outline of (a bodily organ, structure, or part)
Word Origin and History for visualist
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper