- the act of voiding.
- annulment, as of a contract.
- vacancy, as of a benefice.
Origin of voidance
Related Words for voidancedissolution, abrogation, ending, abolishment, rescission, end, eradication, negation, annulment, subversion, overthrow, extirpation, nullification, invalidation, suppression, elimination, obliteration, repeal, destruction, revocation
Examples from the Web for voidance
Historical Examples of voidance
But such voidance must not be confounded with the voidance of a treaty from its very beginning; see above, 501.International Law. A Treatise. Volume I (of 2)
Lassa Francis Oppenheim
But Arden, risking the discovery of her voidance of the campus prohibition, kept on her rather perilous way.The Orchard Secret
- an annulment, as of a contract
- the condition of being vacant, as an office, benefice, etc
- the act of voiding, ejecting, or evacuating