- Josiah,1730–95, English potter.
- Trademark. a brand of ceramic ware made by Josiah Wedgwood and his successors.
Examples from the Web for wedgwood
Historical Examples of wedgwood
In the last house of all was an elaborate ceiling after the style of Wedgwood.Chelsea
G. E. (Geraldine Edith) Mitton
And among others on whom they called were the Wedgwood potters.
Wedgwood had not only to educate his workmen, but he had also to educate the public.
Occasionally, Wedgwood taught the designing classes, himself.
I am greater in china; may not I look at the Wedgwood first?Phoebe, Junior
Mrs [Margaret] Oliphant
- pottery produced, esp during the late 18th and early 19th centuries, at the Wedgwood factories
- such pottery having applied classical decoration in white on a blue or other coloured ground
- relating to or characteristic of such potteryWedgwood blue
- Josiah. 1730–95, British potter and industrialist, who founded several pottery works near Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire
type of English pottery, 1787, from Josiah Wedgwood (1730-1795), English potter.