- left or being without shelter or protection: The house stood on a windy, exposed cliff.
- laid open to view; unconcealed: an exposed king of spades.
- susceptible to attack; vulnerable.
Origin of exposed
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for well-exposed
Historical Examples of well-exposed
Suitable clay could be found in nearly every valley, both in the well-exposed strata and in the sediment of streams.Pottery of the ancient Pueblos. (1886 N 04 / 1882-1883 (pages 257-360))
William Henry Holmes
At well-exposed stations there is a rapid increase in the vapour content soon after noon, especially in summer.
- not concealed; displayed for viewing
- without shelter from the elements
- susceptible to attack or criticism; vulnerable
- mountaineering (of a climb, pitch, or move) performed on a high, sheer, and unsheltered rock face
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012