- moving or shifting toward the west: the westering sun; a westering wind.
Origin of westering
- (of heavenly bodies) to move or tend westward.
- to shift or veer toward the west.
Origin of wester2
Examples from the Web for westering
Historical Examples of westering
The westering sun was drooping heavily toward its fiery couch.The Golden Woman
She stood just where the westering sun touched her with a golden glow.Janet of the Dunes
Harriet T. Comstock
"Let us go back," said Margaret, at length, for the sun was westering.St. Cuthbert's
Robert E. Knowles
Later I and my friends are going flying in the light of the westering sun.The Adventures of Maya the Bee
The westering sun surprised them with the lateness of the hour.The Adventures of Bobby Orde
Stewart Edward White
- poetic moving towards the westthe westering star
- (intr) (of the sun, moon, or a star) to move or appear to move towards the west
- a strong wind or storm from the west